Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘DIY “do-it-yourself”’ Category

Divisorialandia

The main eventPacquiao vs Margarito. It’s like a holiday in the Philippines whenever Pacman has a fight, except against Jinkee. It’s also a zero crime day according to the media, because everyone will stop and watch the fight. But not for us, as early as 7 am hubby and I were on our way to DV.

We thought all along that it would only take just a few minutes to get to DV, but we were wrong. We got there around 9 am. I guess everyone was rushing to see the fight.

Tabora St. – the shopping haven for wedding supplies. We were searching for Morning Glory and Wellmanson as what I learned from projectdreamwedding. Wellmanson is closed on Sundays so we headed next to Morning Glory. Since their prices are very reasonable, we were able to shop for Christmas décors too.

Here’s what I’ve got for my DIY projects…

Ribbons, Glue gun, Glue sticks, crystals, abaca bag for giveaways, brooches.

And the worms for the early birds, shopping at 168. I got a great deal for a dress where I can’t also find in Abu Dhabi. Knock-out!!!

Xoxo

romelliz

Read Full Post »

I’m very proud of myself for the completed DIY projects. The fact, that being an artist is not the typical me. Haha! If everything goes as planned, I can finish all DIY projects as scheduled. Missalettes -on progress, 90% complete. Covers and contents are done. I need to raid Divisoria for the remaining 10%, a nice purple ribbon to go with the motif.

Here’s a sample:

Up next: thank you tags

xoxo

romelliz

Read Full Post »

Table number checked!

Only 3 weeks to go before we fly to Phils and I really want to finish the table names, thank you tags and missalettes. Thank God! I’m done with my first DIY project which is the table names. I thought it wasn’t a good idea at first because I don’t know anything about art and design, but luckily my officemate, Argel taught me how to use photoshop. Frankly I never thought I could do it because I’m more on conceptualizing and planning. Here’s a sample…

Since it’s a coffee themed, the concept is that tables will be named after coffee flavors. Before, I was thinking naming it after our favorite coffee shops but since we only have few it was changed to flavors. What’s your flava?

Note: The template is from Darlene of creativemania.net, our invite designer/maker.  

xoxo

romelliz

Read Full Post »

Hello everyone!!! I’m so happy today because first, hubby and I will be flying to Phils for our wedding a month from now. As much as possible I want to finalize everything here so just some follow-ups when we get there.

Second, Darlene emailed me the misalette and monogram designs. 70 days to go before D day, so in order to save some money and since we have hitech printer, we’ll be printing the misalettes, thank you tags and table numbers here.

Imagine how stressful it could be??? But thank God, Darlene made my day.

Check them out…

Our monogram – simple yet stylish…i love the font!

Note: This isn’t final yet since I made some request to Darlene to have revision a little bit on the color combination since I wanted my stationery to be all uniform in color.

If anybody out there who has an idea to upgrade the design please let me know…I love to hear from you….

xoxo

romelliz

Read Full Post »